Families for Home Education, the oldest and largest statewide home school organization in Missouri, has been serving Missouri home educators since 1983. FHE is comprised of members – you, not just a board and staff. The purpose of FHE is to protect the inalienable right of the parents of Missouri to teach their own children without state regulation and control.
FHE works to achieve these ends in the following ways:
- Publishes First Things First, a Guide for the Missouri Home Educator
- Holds workshops and special events for new home educators – connecting them with the homeschool community and providing materials and information
- Provides speakers for meetings and events –for support groups, local events, and homeschool conventions across the state
- Maintains a registered lobbyist in Jefferson City
- Maintains relationships and communication with Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) – working hand-in-hand to ensure your right to home educate in the state of Missouri
- Publishes a quarterly newsletter, the FHE Bulletin, for our members
- Maintains communication with FHE members through MailChimp messages which include legislative alerts, important information concerning homeschool issues, and notices that the Bulletin Newsletters have been posted on the FHE “Members Only” portion of this website. network (LAN), keeping you informed if the need arises for quick communication with your legislator regarding pending legislation. (Note to members: Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to help keep the emails from going to your junk box.)
- Hosts an annual Rally at the Capitol Rotunda (March 6, 2018) All homeschool families welcome!!
- and more…