FHE would like to thank all those who attended and supported the FHE 32nd Rally
“Standing Together for Homeschool Freedom”
The Rally was a tremendous blessing. Exceptional music was provided by the River City Choir. We were ministered to by several homeschooling students who provided introductory music and a homeschool challenge. Inspirational messages were brought by Former Congressman Todd Akin, Kerry Messer and Abram Messer, FHE lobbyists. Several key legislators also spoke and emphasized the importance of homeschooling families engaging in direct personal contacts with their respective Senators and Representatives. Many homeschool families brought cookies and made visits to their legislators.
Save the Date!—Next year’s FHE 33rd Annual Rally at the Capitol Rotunda—March 8, 2016.
Families for Home Education
- Made of members – you, not just a board and staff.
- The oldest statewide home school organization – serving Missouri home educators for over a quarter of a century.
- Missouri's original state organization – having always maintained a full time, active registered lobbyist in Jefferson City.
- Publishes First Things First, a Guide for the Missouri Home Educator.
- Provides speakers for meetings and events –for support groups, local events, and homeschool conventions across the state.
- Maintains relationships and communication with Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) – working hand-in-hand to ensure your right to home educate in the state of Missouri.
- Publishes a newsletter, the FHE Bulletin –three to four times a year.
- Holds workshop and special events for new home educators – connecting them with the homeschool community and providing materials and information.
- Maintains a legislative alert network (LAN) – keeping you informed if the need arises for quick communication with your legislator regarding pending legislation.
- Holds an annual rally at the state capitol.
- Sponsors Home Education Week in Missouri.
- Want to be part of this? Join today!
- Check us out on Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamiliesforHomeEducation
To lookup legislators, please use the Legislators Lookup
To find a 2015 homeschool convention, expo, or conference near you, Click Here!
|FHE's 32nd Rally
March 3, 2015
"Standing Together for
Former U.S. Congressman
Show appreciation to your Senator and Representative
by bringing them a small plate of cookies!!!
***Visit the FHE table in the Capitol Rotunda and pick up cards to bring to your
Senator and Representative.This will let them know you were
at the Capitol to attend the FHE Rally!
***Look up your Missouri State Senator and Missouri State Representative at: http://www.senate.mo.gov/LegisLookup/default.aspx
Visit their Senate and House webpages to find their Capitol office room number.
***Be prepared: You can find the Jefferson City downtown parking map at: http://www.midmogis.org/Forms/documents/DowntownParking.pdf
When parking, be sure to check parking time limits.
***Remember: The Capitol is a place of business. We need to be
quiet and respectful as we move through the Capitol.
Please do not block the hallways and stairs.
The offices are small. Please leave strollers and
large bags outside the office door.
Thank you for your consideration of your Legislators.
Take time to visit
There are many educational points of Interest :
For more information
This is YOUR home education lobbyist!
To our knowledge, he is the first "lobbyist" to ever be invited into the Chamber to pray for the State Legislature!
(This article was adapted by FHE from
Families for Home Education Lobbyist
JEFFERSON CITY – Home school and pro-family lobbyist Kerry Messer prayed for the State Legislature before it opened a marathon veto session, Sept. 10. Before praying, he thanked legislators, staff members and lobbyists for the support and encouragement they have shown his family since the disappearance of his wife, Lynn, on the night of July 7th of this year.
That the State Legislature allowed Messer to address the assembly was in itself an uncommon, bipartisan act of support,