January 15, 2015 - "FHE Alert:
It has come to the attention of FHE, a research firm identifying themselves as "20/20 Research" is contacting homeschool families. They are NOT with the show 20/20. FHE advises homeschool families use caution when talking with alleged researchers that initiate the contact. While it may not be the case here, in the past FHE has been contacted by homeschool parents who have started answering questions that seemed innocuous, and then the questions devolved into inappropriate probing ."
Families for Home Education
- Made of members – you, not just a board and staff.
- The oldest statewide home school organization – serving Missouri home educators for over a quarter of a century.
- Missouri's original state organization – having always maintained a full time, active registered lobbyist in Jefferson City.
- Publishes First Things First, a Guide for the Missouri Home Educator.
- Provides speakers for meetings and events –for support groups, local events, and homeschool conventions across the state.
- Maintains relationships and communication with Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) – working hand-in-hand to ensure your right to home educate in the state of Missouri.
- Publishes a newsletter, the FHE Bulletin –three to four times a year.
- Holds workshop and special events for new home educators – connecting them with the homeschool community and providing materials and information.
- Maintains a legislative alert network (LAN) – keeping you informed if the need arises for quick communication with your legislator regarding pending legislation.
- Holds an annual rally at the state capitol.
- Sponsors Home Education Week in Missouri.
- Want to be part of this? Join today!
- Check us out on Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamiliesforHomeEducation
To lookup legislators, please use the Legislators Lookup
|FHE's 32nd Rally
March 3, 2015
"Standing Together for
Former U.S. Congressman
Take time to visit
There are many educational
For more information
This is YOUR home education lobbyist!
To our knowledge, he is the first "lobbyist" to ever be invited into the Chamber to pray for the State Legislature!
(This article was adapted by FHE from
Families for Home Education Lobbyist
JEFFERSON CITY – Home school and pro-family lobbyist Kerry Messer prayed for the State Legislature before it opened a marathon veto session, Sept. 10. Before praying, he thanked legislators, staff members and lobbyists for the support and encouragement they have shown his family since the disappearance of his wife, Lynn, on the night of July 7th of this year.
That the State Legislature allowed Messer to address the assembly was in itself an uncommon, bipartisan act of support,