Thank You to All who made the 2017 Rally at the Capitol a Success!!
FHE 2018 Rally at the Capitol
Save the Date
March 6, 2018
Families for Home Education, the oldest and largest statewide home school organization in Missouri, has been serving Missouri home educators since 1983. FHE is comprised of members – you, not just a board and staff. The purpose of FHE is to protect the inalienable right of the parents of Missouri to teach their own children without state regulation and control.
FHE works to achieve these ends in the following ways:
- Publishes First Things First, a Guide for the Missouri Home Educator
- Holds workshops and special events for new home educators – connecting them with the homeschool community and providing materials and information
- Provides speakers for meetings and events –for support groups, local events, and homeschool conventions across the state
- Maintains a registered lobbyist in Jefferson City
- Maintains relationships and communication with Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) – working hand-in-hand to ensure your right to home educate in the state of Missouri
- Publishes a quarterly newsletter, the FHE Bulletin, for our members
- Maintains a legislative alert network (LAN), keeping you informed if the need arises for quick communication with your legislator regarding pending legislation (FHE is now using MailChimp to send messages directly to FHE members. These messages include alerts, important information concerning homeschool issues, and notices that the Bulletin Newsletters have been posted on the FHE “Members Only” portion of the FHE website. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to help keep the emails from going to your junk box.)
- Hosts an annual Rally at the Capitol Rotunda (March 6, 2018)
- and more…