More and more parents with special needs children are making the decision to teach their special children at home. If you are one of these parents, FHE is there for you, too, just like any other homeschooling family.
Benefits of Home Educating Your Special Needs Child
- Time with your child! Spending more time with our children is a great benefit of home education, allowing us to get to know them better. For a special needs child, know them better allows us to plan their education more effectively.
- One-on-one, the best learning environment for most children, but especially special needs children.
- You are in control of your child's learning and curriculum. You know your child better than anyone else. Fit your homeschool to meet their needs. Your child can also have input into his/her curriculum.
- Flexibility with your lesson schedule. Lesson plans can be changed, when necessary, to fit what is going on with your child that day or moment.
- More about the benefits of home educating your special needs child.
- Resources and assistance for families with special needs children is growing. There are more therapy providers who work with homeschool families, more curriculum is being written specifically for learning challenged children being educated at home, as well as home programs for speech, language disorders, and occupational/physical therapy. Be encouraged, with a little research, you can find the perfect fit for your child.