2017 Rally at the Capitol Rotunda
March 7, 2017
New security measures have been implemented at the Capitol.
Allow yourself extra time to pass through the metal detectors!
The general public must enter the Capitol through the first floor south door (best entrance for staying out of the weather) or the first floor west door (closed after 3pm and weekends).
For more information and map:
"How to Maximize Your Day at the Capitol"
- Contact your Senator and/or Representative ahead of time to let them know you will be at the Capitol to attend the FHE Rally and that you would like to stop by his/her office for a shport visit.
Legislator Look Up
** Note any appointments should be made so they will be completed before 12:00pm or will begin after 2:00pm to allow your family time to come and go from the Rally
- Plan a Capitol Tour Capitol Tours
You can also explore the Capitol on your own. Pick up a self-guided tour booklet from the Tour desk just off the Capitol Rotunda.
- Visit the Missouri State Museum located on the first floor of the Capitol on either side of the Rotunda.
- Consider Field Trip Extras There are many other sites to visit in Jefferson City. Here are a few:
The Missouri Governor's Mansion Mansion Tours
The Supreme Court Building is located on High street across from the Capitol. Tours are available, but reservations are recommended and can be made by contacting Supreme Court of Missouri at 573-751-4144
Missouri State Highway Patrol Safety Education Center and Museum is located at 1510 East Elm. Reservations are recommended and are required for groups of more than 10. Call 573 526-6149 to make reservations.
Reminders and Tips
- Know your Missouri State Senator and/or Representative and their office number. Legislator Look Up
- Visit the FHE table for a “calling card” to leave with your Senator and/or Representative in the event you are unable to visit with them personally. Talking points will also be available.
- just a Reminder – Please be courteous! As you visit and move around on the Capitol, remember, this is a place of business. Also, the Senator’s and Reprensentatives’s offices are small. Please leave strollers out in the hall.
- If you would like a copy of the Missouri Constitution or the 2016 General Assembly Roster visit the Secretary of State’s Office, State Capitol Room 208.
Municipal Parking Garage at 200 Madison (southeast corner adison & Capitol Ave.) Daily Parking Rate: $0.50/hr for first 2 hours, $1.00/hr thereafter, $6.00 max per day. Parking Information Link
Metered Parking $0.25 – $0.50 per hour
Downtown Jefferson City Map
See You There!